Monday, February 9, 2009

#91

LEARN A CARD TRICK...

I had the privilege Friday to learn a couple of card tricks from some students. They are really enjoying the fact that they get to teach ME for once and correct me when I mess up. It's been fun for everyone.

Of course, I had to be fair to all of my classes and started the class period with the card trick. :)

There are two great things about card tricks. They provide a little bit of wonder and excitement for those who do not understand how it was done. It is a great way to stretch your brain by trying to figure out the trick.

What is aggravating to me is when some people decide it is their duty to tell everyone how easy the trick is and share the trick with everyone. One of my students did this. I was slightly annoyed to say the least and when that happens I have a very hard time holding back. The thing about it is that I probably could have handled it better. I did not fly off the handle and yell but I definitely gave him a hard time about ruining it for others.

When is it that we decide we are "too cool" to just sit back and enjoy the wonder of a card trick? Why is it that some people feel it necessary to make others feel stupid for enjoying the trick?

I guess I already know the answer to that but it's still frustrating...

TASK #91.... COMPLETED 2/6

No comments:

Post a Comment