Sunday, February 1, 2009

#65

Finding 100 things to do/try/accomplish this year presented a bit of a challenge. I shared the goal with my students (high school juniors and seniors) to get ideas. Needless to say, I got many crazy ideas but definitely had a few that made the list.

The day after sharing the list one of my students walked in
with a bag of Valentine's Tootsie Pops. :) This was exciting for a number of reasons. The first being her willingness to get the bag of Tootsie Pops to help me with my goal.

I attempted to lick but cheated a bit (I only licked one side until some of the Tootsie Roll Center was exposed). There is no point in doing this. I was only cheating myself. By the way, it took me 250 licks.

A couple of people assured me that I had to lick the Tootsie Pop until I exposed ALL of the Tootsie Roll Center. Not wanting to be a slacker, I put my children to bed that night and set off again. I stayed close to the computer to type in the benchmarks as I got to them. It took only about an hour or so and .... 1425 licks later I had only Tootsie Roll left on the lollipop. Of course, I was so excited about achieving my goal that I did not take a picture of the lollipop before I devoured the rest.

One of the main goals for this is to take pictures of each accomplishment in order to scrapbook later. Again, I am no slacker. I cannot fail on my very first task so... I am determined to try again.



TASK #65 COMPLETED 1/28





No comments:

Post a Comment