Sunday, June 14, 2009

#86

LEARN SOMETHING IN SIGN LANGUAGE

About once a month, I serve in the children's ministry at church. I know it's not alot but it's what I can do right now. Sometimes it's difficult waking up earlier on those Sundays but every time I step into Stage 12 I learn something new. About Christ. About His love. About myself.

The group that I usually work with are 4th and 5th graders. Very different from the high schoolers I get paid to teach. I really love working with these kids. To see their love for Christ and to see how He shines through them to me (and anyone else around them).

It's times like these when I start to have a pity party. I start to wish I could have felt that kind of love when I was their age but the past is the past. I can only look to the future and work every day to grow closer to Him.

One of the girls told me that she just got back from camp and learned to say some things in sign language. She started with "Lord, I lift Your Name on high" and continued through a few more lyrics:

Lord I love to sing your praises
I'm so glad You're in my life
I'm so glad You came to save us

It was so sweet to see her excitement in learning this song. The best part was when she explained the hand movements for the line "I'm so glad You're in my life". She said the motions were meant to mean "I'm so glad You are in my heart". It's a great place to have Him!


TASK #86 ... COMPLETED 6/14

No comments:

Post a Comment