Tuesday, June 23, 2009

#24 and #29

RIDE A SCARY ROLLERCOASTER (LIKE GOLIATH) ... AND ...
GO TO THE VARSITY


What a GREAT day! I went to Six Flags with the kids, Jason, JIvey, Michelle and Shafer. Despite the blazing hot sun and one Camelbak for seven people, we had no meltdowns (although I was worried about Jason...hehehe). Seriously though, the kids were great all day. We didn't hit meltdown mode until after leaving Six Flags.


We hit SO many rides and my little girl was determined to try every ride she was able to go on. She was scared for most, if not all, of them at first but walked off of every ride happy. My little boy did the same thing even though he wasn't quite tall enough to ride all the same rides. We did child swap on a couple of rides - who knew they did that?



Goliath was awesome. I had prepared myself before hand with a little research using the great and powerful Google. Having an idea of what was coming up didn't make it as tough. It was probably my favorite ride just because it was such a smooth ride. It didn't knock you around like some of the others.

I was so thankful for today. To see my kids (especially my daughter) push through her fears and realize that she could really enjoy the roller coasters was wonderful. And the bonding time we all got to have made my heart swell a little bit.

After Six Flags, we went to The Varsity for dinner. I got a chili cheese dog, fries and a Frosted Orange. Jason gave me one of his onion rings and that was dee-lish also. AND THEN... we went to Zesto for Arctic Swirls. How lucky were we??



TASKS #24 AND #29 ... COMPLETED 6/23

No comments:

Post a Comment