Thursday, June 4, 2009

#4 and #52

#4 KARAOKE
#52 JUMP IN A PUDDLE




This night was a BLAST!! A group of people, some strangers, some old friends, some new friends.

I got up there with Nina and sang 'I love Rock 'n' Roll' (something I new I would do already with thanks to Karaoke Revolution at home). Then, a new friend, Jessica and I sang/rapped 'Shoop' by Salt 'n' Peppa to bring back the old school. I loved that one because you can be a not-so-great singer and still have a great time doing AND sound decent. Jason chimed in via text to let me know that I could cross it off my list unless I sang by myself. Not that he has the ultimate say so [or any say so at all for that matter ;) ] but the more I thought about it the more I realized the scariest part would be to sing up there ... by...my...self. There wasn't much time left. Emily had already put our name in to sing 'Any Man of Mine' by Shania Twain so I decided I would just sing the first verse by myself. Surely that would count.

I was SO stinking nervous. When I get nervous, I play with my ear lobes. Lauren even made a comment about it later when she and Jason looked at the video. UGH... The thought of the video sends chills up my spine.

We all left as soon as Emily and I finished the song. There was a super creepy DJ there that we wanted to get away from. blech...

As we walked through the parking lot, I noticed a pretty big puddle. OOH! I could cross off two things in one night. I was a little concerned that my skirt my fall during the jump and my friend, Allison, said "Well, at least the creepy DJ guy isn't out here." So I got myself ready, held my nose - for comedic effect, and jumped in the puddle. I heard clapping from behind me, turned around and ... IT.WAS.THE.CREEPY.DJ.

I started to run as fast as my strappy sandal wedges could take me. It wasn't more than a few feet before I turned around and saw that he was gone. The girls and I laughed so hard. Lauren and Emily saw that the creepy DJ was there when Allison made her comment. They thought she did it on purpose to give me a warning not to jump in the puddle.

I don't do well with subtleties. If there is something you are trying to tell me, you need to tell me OR give me some sort of weird facial expression to let me know that there is something MORE that you need to say. THAT...I can do.

It was a great night. A TON of laughs, embarassments, creepy people and new friends. Can't wait to do it again!

TASKS #4 AND #52 ... COMPLETED 6/3

No comments:

Post a Comment