Sunday, June 7, 2009

#15

GO HIKING

Today was such an awesome day. We got to Panther Creek Falls Trail in the morning. I saw the sign for the 7 mile hike (round trip) and was a bit nervous that I wouldn't be able to make the trek. I'm not in horrible physical shape but it's been awhile since I have exercised like I should. The trail gave me opportunities to speed up, slow down, talk to Jason without outside interruptions AND spend time in quiet reflection.
There was a little pool formed by one of the small falls that led into another small fall right before the big falls. (That's alot of falls!) :) We had comtemplated jumping in from the rock but we weren't sure how deep the water was and the current was a little bit faster than we cared to chance (considering there was nothing to grab if we got swept away and the fall definitely could cause some damage). Thinking about it now, I wish the opportunity existed for us to jump in. One of the things on my list is to jump off a diving board. Not because it's a diving board but because the height scares me.
I want to go now to a place where I can slowly build up the courage to jump into water like the little pool we saw at Panther Creek Falls. I know it will be exhilarating to fall into the water and that I will want to do it again. It's just the slow build up of courage I need.
Even though I didn't get to jump in the water, I did get to test my courage on a pair of fallen trees over the second small fall. The only picture that exists of that feat is of me in my bathing suit so you will just have to imagine what it was like. Maybe next time, I will be a little more courageous and venture further across the trees. Not after calculating the risk involved though. After all, there is a fine line between courage and stupidity. To just go out and do something blind is idiotic. I know I can't let fear paralyze me but I also don't want to turn to the other extreme either.
Baby steps...
TASK #15 ... COMPLETED 6/6



No comments:

Post a Comment