Thursday, June 18, 2009

#61

GO-KART RACING

This was WAY too much fun. We went to Andretti Karting & Games over in Roswell. There was a group of about twelve of us that went. The guys were totally pumped and apparently had been trash talking at work before hand. They were all like little kids. It was hilarious and so much fun to watch.

I came in second to last place, which stinks because I'm a bit competitive, but I had a ton of fun. Jason must have passed me at least 3 times. blech... :/ It took awhile for me to get a feel for the track and by the end, I felt much better. A group of the guys - and one of the wives went for a second race a little later. They all improved so I was bummed that I didn't go again. Just to get a little confidence boost.

To hear the guys talk after the races and how giddy they were (Jason reminded me of how my son gets with baseball) was really so much fun to experience. The best part was realizing that these guys got along so well and get to work together every day. How blessed to have a group that seems to gel like they did.

I want to go again so I can improve my time and maybe only get lapped twice. :) AND... Next time, I want to do their rock climbing wall. I wonder if I can substitute that for #69 Climb a tree. I'll check with my accountability partner on that one.

TASK #61 ... COMPLETED 6/18

No comments:

Post a Comment