Thursday, May 21, 2009

#85

BUY CLOTHES WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE PRICE TAG



When I started this list, I originally had in mind that it would be clothes for myself. The opportunity presented itself for me to buy an Atlanta Braves jersey for my little boy when we were recently at the game and I took it.

It started last summer when my children and I went to our first Atlanta Braves game as a family. (My son and I had gone previously with some friends but that's not important to THIS story). When we were at that game, I told the kids that they could have a souvenir. I think my little girl chose an Atlanta Braves baseball (or a hat) and my son wanted a jersey with Chipper Jones' name on the back.

We had no luck finding a jersey that he wasn't swimming in so I told him we would find one online or something. Well, it's been almost a year. He had long since forgotten about the jersey but I started to feel guilty. After all, I had made a promise to my little boy and I intended to keep it.

We came across one of the stores at the stadium that had children's shirts/jerseys. He tried on the smallest size they had, which was still a little big. He looked so stinking cute in it AND he was so excited when he put the jersey on. I just had to get it for him. That was when it dawned on me. I had the opportunity to cross another thing off of my list and doing something special for my little boy at the same time. The price wasn't a total shock when I found out but it definitely was a bit more than I would typically be willing to pay.

The lady asked what we wanted to custom embroider on the back and let us know that it was going to be about 20 minutes. It was already pretty late so I decided to tack on the few extra bucks to get the jersey shipped to my house. About a week later, it arrived. The look on his face when I told him what was in the package was priceless. He absolutely LOVES that jersey!

Luckily, I've been able to get it off of him long enough to wash it before he puts it back on.

TASK #85 ... COMPLETED 5/21

1 comment: