Monday, May 18, 2009

#43

DANCE IN THE RAIN WEARING FANCY CLOTHES




I kept wondering how I was going to complete this task. It seemed silly for me to wait until it rained and then go put on dressy clothes just for the sake of crossing this off my list. The likelihood of me being dressed up already and having an opportune moment to go out into the rain seemed miniscule.

But it happened.

My friend, Sabrina, was having her graduation party at her house. Christina, Lauren, Emily (Lauren's sister) and I were all there to celebrate Sabrina's wonderful accomplishment and we had a great time. There was good food (always important)! Good dance music and most important, great company!! We celebrated until about midnight or so. We felt cool drops of rain as soon as we walked out the door to head home. Instantly, I realized that I could cross this off my list. I asked Lauren to take pictures (more like shoved the camera in her hand) and just started twirling in the rain.

It felt so refreshing. I tried to find a big enough pool of water to jump in so I could also cross off #52 (jump in a puddle). No luck on that one but this one was fun just the same. For about five minutes or so, I twirled around and pretended I was doing ballet. I felt like a goober most of the time; however, my inner child started to peek out. That is when I didn't care who was watching or how silly it was for a 30-year old woman to dance in the middle of the street. I felt alive. No worries, no stress. Just like a child. We all need to push ourselves to have moments like these.

Next time, you get stuck in the rain. Take a moment to stop and enjoy it. With your arms outstretched, eyes closed and face toward the sky. Don't worry about anything. Just feel the rain. It has an amazing cleansing power. And it'll make you smile.

TASK #43 ... COMPLETED 5/16


No comments:

Post a Comment