Sunday, May 17, 2009

#13

GO SALSA DANCING

Salsa dancing came by surprise... I thought all day that Jason and I were just going to hang out so I didn't take any extra measures to look especially cute. The outfit I wore to work was casual since it was Friday. He let me know that we were going to cross something else off of my list today but wouldn't tell me what. I think it's seeing my reaction once the activity is revealed that really makes him happy... I could be wrong (J, let me know if I am).

The first errand of the night was to make a batch of homemade chili and bring it to a couple who just had a baby the week before. (It was awesome chili, too.) We got to the couple's house and I even got to hold their little girl. It has been so long since I've held a baby that tiny. Even though my kids still crawl in my lap and snugglebug with me, they are far from being as tiny as this little girl. She was so sweet and quiet. Nostalgia took over and I could remember so many days (and late nights) when I would recline on the couch with the kids nestled on my chest asleep. It was those times that made the constant crying (and the explosive diapers) well worth it.

The next stop was to see a friend. It was then that Jason told me we were going to go salsa and that Eve was going to teach me a few moves. I was very excited but at the same time I did not feel like I was dressed for the occasion. It didn't really matter though. The thoughtfulness that went behind the surprise was pretty overwhelming. We went to a restaurant called Eclipse di Luna. After some food and beverages, Eve and I went out on the floor. I knew I could move my hips since I grew up in South Florida. Some things are just contagious when you grow up in a certain culture.

Even though I felt like a total goober, I think I did all right for a beginner. It only took a couple of times before Eve thought I was ready for my 'real' dancing partner. Jason and I had a great time. Neither one of us are great (I don't know that I would even classify myself as 'good') but we had fun together. I am ready to go again. Next time, I need to wear a better salsa outfit AND I need a pic.

TASK #13 ... COMPLETED 5/8

No comments:

Post a Comment