Sunday, May 17, 2009

#56

EAT 'REAL' SUSHI

For a number of years, I have been a huge fan of California Rolls as well as Bagel Rolls and even got as adventurous as Dragon Rolls. I never wanted to try raw fish. eww... nast-y...

Accomplishing the task of eating 'real' (AKA raw) sushi began on Mother's Day. It started off in Stage 12 (the Children's Ministry at church). The kids in there always amaze me. They have such a heart for the Lord and it's always bittersweet. I am so ecstatic to be a part of their lives as they grow in their relationship with Christ but it sometimes makes me sad that I was not able to experience this kind of love at the same age. After attending the second service, the kids and I headed up to Jason's parents house. Have you ever met someone (or a group of people) who you feel completely comfortable with after spending only a short time with them? That's how Jason's family is. It really isn't all that surprising really considering Jason was a very comfortable person to be around from the beginning.

The kids hadn't seen them since Christmas Day and had never met Jason's brother but it did not take long at all for the kids to act "normal". The only hesitation was with my little girl being around Jonah, the English Mastiff who is about the size of a horse but as snuggly as a teddy bear. After a wonderful afternoon, I took the kids back to their dad's house. I was going to suggest sushi (really, I was) but Jason already beat me to it and suggested a place neither one of us had ever been to. It was a Chinese-Thai-Sushi place. We started out with a spicy rainbow maki, tuna, yellowtail and salmon. All things Jason said were good to easing someone into the "real" stuff. It was delicious. My favorite was the rainbow maki and then the tuna (I think). It did not seem much different from the rolls that I was used to trying so I think it was definitely a good choice for starting out.

The girls came over on Friday and we did sushi again. This time from Nina's place. That was phenomenal as well. I can remember having the salad roll and the king tiger. Mmm... de-lish. It was the first time in awhile since I've been able to hang out with her and to have all the girls there was the ending to a pretty emotionally draining day with seniors. Jason stopped by too and listened to me vent about the day before the girls got there. We all sat around the kitchen table laughing and eating while the kids were already in bed. Jason said 'bye' and we watched "Bride Wars" with Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson. True to form... I am turning more and more into my mother every day. I was awake for the first 45 minutes or so, fell asleep during the middle and woke up to see the last 20 minutes. Friday nights are great for staying in and watching a movie. The only thing is a long week of getting to bed late, waking up early and dealing with irresponsible, whining teenagers can definitely make you pass out early.

All in all, it was a good night with the girls...


TASK #56 ... COMPLETED 5/10 & 5/15

No comments:

Post a Comment