Friday, August 21, 2009

#89

JUMP ON A TRAMPOLINE


I had SO much fun the night I jumped on the trampoline. J and I (with the kids) 'babysat' for a wonderful couple so they could go out on a date. J sent them to the Brickstore in Decatur (mmm....mmm...good). What a great family! They have a set of twin boys in middle school (little gentlemen) and a little girl the same age as mine (such a little doll). We all had a water balloon/hose fight, ate Papa John's pizza & ice cream sundaes. I love watching all of them jump (including J). They had no fear and enjoyed every minute of it.

True to form, there was something else that was on my mind when it came to jumping on a trampoline. There was a message at church that made me think about it. So, think about the movement on a trampoline as our movement in life. We have our ups and downs. Easy enough to see that comparison, right? BUT... have you ever thought about the momentum you build in the ups and downs? The harder you land on the trampoline the more momentum you gain on the upswing. Just like life...

Sometimes (perhaps all the time), God uses those low points in our lives to grow us up bigger and better than before. We just have to make the choice to trust in Him to get us through it. The lowest time of my life has become the greatest turn around in my life. I spent four years going through the process of my divorce and recovery and ultimately, God used it to bring me to Him (and closer still every day). I spent so many days and nights beating myself up about the dissolution of my marriage. But, there are so many things along the way when I see that He was in constant pursuit of me.

Dec. 2005 - Aug 2006
Unknowingly being given the name of a divorce attorney who is also a believer
That very same attorney in no uncertain terms telling me that I needed to "get [my] butt in church"

Aug 2006
Being assigned as a mentor at work to a teacher (my friend, Lauren) who just finished a 2-year mission trip in Bosnia
Unknowingly attending the very same church where Lauren was attending which sparked...

Lauren becoming MY mentor as I became more interested in Christ and what a relationship with Him looked like

Oct 2006
After months of hoping for the divorce to be done by my birthday (so I could begin the healing process), I signed the papers on Oct. 26th 2006 (two days before my birthday)

Oct 2006 - Aug 2007
Joining a single moms' small group and being encouraged to join DivorceCare when the small groups went on a summer hiatus
Coming to the realization (with the help of one particular DivorceCare video) that God forgave me and turned the ugliness of my divorce into my chance at redemption


Aug 2007
Finally deciding that I was going to get baptised

Feb 2008
Getting baptised on February 17th

April 2008
After months of hoping I could get in the same room to talk to my ex and try to explain that I didn't hate him, God presented a bit of turmoil in our family that gave him no other way to deal with it other than to be in the same room. A few quiet moments alone just happened accidentally and I feel that God pushed me from there. That was the breakthrough in our relationship. When we began to communicate a little better. I couldn't understand why we would have to deal with what we did until He told me 'see. you got him in the same room with you. you got to tell him how you feel.'

July 2008
Receiving a clear indication from the Lord (after reading a secular book on dating) that He didn't want me to worry about dating anymore. "Just live your life. I'll bring him to you."

January 2009
Starting this list. Facing some long held fears. Figuring out what I enjoy doing and growing spiritually through the process of doing the list and blogging the list.

March 2009 - today...
Beginning to date, J. A good friend of mine. Someone who was brought into my life just like God said. Who has encouraged me since I've known him. Who has been patient with me when I get frustrated, made me laugh when I get sad and made me feel safe when I get scared. Who has become my very best friend. The absolute love of my life... And we really haven't even started the adventure yet.


There's noone who can tell me that isn't a HUGE bounceback.


TASK #89 ... COMPLETED 8/21

No comments:

Post a Comment