Monday, August 17, 2009

#84

WRITE A LETTER TO MYSELF

Sometimes it is in the midst of a low point in our life (actually, I take that back) ... It is always in the midst of a low point in our lives that the Lord does his best work on us. I mean, what better way to bring us back to Him than when we are totally broken before Him on our knees weeping.

There have been many times throughout my life when the enemy has tried to make me feel like I am less than. It was through reading the book "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge that I came to some amazing realizations. Here's the gist of it ... God created Adam (man) to represent the essence of His strength. Eve (woman) to represent the essence of His beauty. We (women) have been given many gifts by God but none more hated by the enemy than our ability to give life. After all, satan loves death and destruction and we threaten that with our very existence.

It was after a very rough day and some (ok, a lot of!) consoling by Lauren that I opened my journal and just started writing. Pouring out whatever words ended up on the paper. It was the 'me' that truly knows my worth in Christ who was talking to the 'me' that gets confused still because demons from the past try to bring me back to places in my life where I didn't feel loved by anyone, let alone feel the Love of Christ.

I am not posting this because I think it's amazing. It just seems like what I should do.


"You look at yourself as if you are the only one who hurts. Your heartaches are open wounds and you think something is wrong with you for that. You all too easily lose sight of the Love you have. You fall all too suddenly into old pits. You are loved by the Most High God and you still act as though you are not enough. You were created in His image and you STILL don't feel worthy enough? You are the essence of His beauty. You have uniquely feminine strength. You are a giver of life and you STILL think you have nothing to offer? How can you look in the mirror at His beautiful creation and just toss His love aside when it stares you straight in the face? Have you not heard that His love is unfailing? Have you not felt the grace of His Son's blood? Have you not seen the miracles He has worked in your life?

Kneel down. Arms outstretched. Cry out, broken before Him. When even your mother won't listen, your Father will comfort. His love will envelope you. Calm your mind. Rest your heart. Have no fear of being weary. He will have you soaring in no time. Trust Him with your heart when you feel it isn't safe with anyone else. Trust Him to protect you. Be obedient and be blessed.

You are safe in His arms. Let Him love you like noone else can."



TASK #84 ... COMPLETED 8/12

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Thank you for sharing, because it is what I needed to hear as well. Today's service moved me to tears (and snot haha) and a lot of it has to do with my feelings of inadequacy, but also my need to "rearrange what comes first." Thank you for these very private words of yours. It's what I need to tell myself too. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete