Tuesday, March 24, 2009

#78

TAKE A PICTURE WITH A STRANGER


Some people thought I should just pick a stranger off the street to take a picture with. How many times do I have to tell them that this list isn't something that HAS to be done? It is a list that is intentional and I wait for prompts for a lot of the things on my list. With that being said, let's move along...

Last weekend (3/21) was the Prom at the Fabulous Fox Theatre. A couple girlfriends and I were chaperones. First of all, Prom is an event I always like to attend because it gives me an excuse once a year to dress up. I feel beautiful and feminine. I make sure I dance to the "Cha Cha Slide" and the "Cupid Shuffle." Most importantly, I always have a great time seeing my students. It's an opportunity for me to connect with my students outside of the classroom.

So...the theme was "It's Vegas Baby" and an Elvis Impersonator was there to help raise money for Relay for Life. What better stranger to take a picture with than Elvis?!?! And we were giving to a good cause.

I met 'Elvis' and he told me to hold onto his mic. There was a little trouble with the camera so I had to pose with 'Elvis' a little longer than usual. Under normal circumstances, this would not be a problem. But this 'Elvis' was not normal. I should have known from the beginning. He had so much make-up on his face that he almost looked like a guy from a wax museum. While we were waiting for what seemed like an eternity, 'Elvis' was breathing heavily down my neck. I have not seen the picture yet. My concern is that my face will reflect the disgust I had during the time. In that case, I won't have documentation and I'll have to find another stranger.


TASK #78..... COMPLETED 3/21

No comments:

Post a Comment